It’s time for the Menu For Hope Campaign, and luckily I get to help out this year. Pim of Chez Pim started this fundraiser five years ago after the tsunami in Southeast Asia, and in the years since, she and other food bloggers around the world have raised nearly a quarter of a million dollars. This year will be the fourth year working with the UN Food Program.
Here’s how it works- it’s pretty great…
Food Bloggers pair up with restaurants, food producers, and people who make or sell other food related goodies. Each blogger offers a bid item which is added to the master list. You peruse the list, find the things that you cannot live without, and for 10 dollars, you can bid on one specific item. All of the bidders will be entered in a drawing for that specific prize. You can, of course, buy as many tickets as you like, for as many prizes as you like. It’s all going to a good place. So hop over to Chez Pim and prepare yourself for deep enticement. There are some fabulous things over there. She’ll also tell you more about the Menu For Hope, how it works, and the history behind it.
But of course you’re dying to know what I’m offering, aren’t you?
Well, you know how I feel about Barrington Coffee Roasting Company. I certainly have been guilty of going on and on about how great they are over there, how inspiring their business practices are, and most of all, how damn fine their coffee is. I am truly lucky to have them in my neck of the woods.
They have so generously offered to send the lucky winner of this item an Organic/Fair trade sampler. That’s three 12 oz. bags of coffee, people. They’re going to send you the Sumatra Aceh, Berkshire Blend, and French Roast Mexican Chiapas. This auction is only for people within the US, due to customs rules about coffee.
I know, you’re raring to go, right? So here’s what you do:
1. Choose a bid item or bid items of your choice from our Menu for Hope main bid item list.
2. Go to the donation site at Firstgiving and make a donation.
3. Please specify which bid item you’d like in the ‘Personal Message’ section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per bid item, and please use the bid item code.
Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a bid item of your choice. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02 – 2xEU01, 3xEU02.
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Bidding is open from December 14-December 25.
Check back on Chez Pim on Monday, January 18 for the results of the raffle.Tweet This